- Coleman World Group – Served as general counsel for a national moving and storage company, including:
- Structured the company’s various S corporations, LLCs and other entities required to operate nationally.
- Negotiated and closed numerous stock purchase and asset purchase acquisition agreements of targeted moving and storage companies in numerous states and the territory of Guam.
- Coordinated the acquisition and leasing of warehouse properties in over 20 states throughout the country, including responsibility for the negotiation of all acquisition, leasing and financing documents and coordination of the associated closings.
- Negotiate and close all commercial real estate secured lending arrangements.
- Assisted client with the planning and formation of a not-for-profit corporation.
- Kozol Brothers – Served as general counsel for a Illinois beer distributor, including:
- Closed one stock and one asset acquisition of nearby beer distributors, drafting all acquisition documents, reviewing franchise distribution documents and coordinating the closings.
- Negotiated and closed successive multi-million term and revolving business lines of credit, first with BMO Harris and second with Chase Bank, including negotiation of loan business and legal terms, acquisition of necessary third party consents, satisfaction of closing contingencies and closing coordination.
- Served on client’s board of directors, participating in the client’s business and executive planning.
- Drafted and administered the company’s succession and estate planning, allowing control of the company to transfer within the family to the next generation.
- Advised and developed executive top hat non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
- Assisted client with its ongoing craft beer acquisitions.
- IAS Partners – Assisted a local real estate developer with the acquisition, financing, leasing and management of numerous retail and multi-family projects, including:
- Blue Ridge Crossing Center (Kansas City, MO) – $36 Million shopping center development financed by First Mortgage Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Development Bonds, credit enhancement from BMO Harris Bank, NA together with a $10 million variable rate development loan.
- Antioch Shopping Center (Kansas City, MO) – $17 Million shopping center development financed by First Mortgage TIF Development Bonds with BMO Harris, NA and $8 Million Walmart Neighborhood Market First Mortgage Construction and Mini- Perm Note through Commerce Bank, NA.
- Metro North Shopping Center (Kansas City, MO) – Ongoing acquisition, financing, developing and leasing of a financed with Commerce Bank.
- Autumn Place / Briarwood Apartments (Blue Springs & Grandview, Missouri) – $22 Million Affordable Housing project with tax credits, credit enhanced by Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae).